Tuesday, January 29, 2013

If music is the way feeling sound...

....then I am in love with the way Tegan and Sara make them sound every time they release a new song/album.

I am not sure I have mentioned this before in my blog but I have a "small" obsession with music. Yes, I am one of those people who listen to songs and can hear my life play out within the lyrics. I spend hours listening to music on Youtube, Soundcloud, Pandora and of course the collection on my Iphone. Similar to a "book worm" I guess you could say I was a "music worm."

Unfortunately for me I was not given a musical talent to accompany my musical passion. So I am left to do what everyone else  and live through the words of some of the greatest song writers. I will say that since I wasn't blessed with the talents of being a singer/songwriter I naturally gravitate towards the artists who have been blessed. Please don't misunderstand, I have an appreciate for all song writers who create beautiful songs for talented singers but my soul finds itself exposed more times than not when by the artists that are brave enough to sing us their personal diaries. The emotions that are captured in the notes, in the voices and in the expressions of the words can be so raw and intimate that pain is turned into something beautiful.

Tegan and Sara is just one example of a singer/songwriter artist that I couldn't imagine my music collection without. I have been a fan for several years and have several favorite songs on each album. Today makes the release of their "Heartthrob" album and I am in love with every song and couldn't possibly choose just one to love.

"I was a Fool" and "Now I'm All Messed Up" are just two examples of the lyrical and musical brilliance on this album. I highly recommend purchasing the entire album!!
https://soundcloud.com/teganandsara/i-was-a-fool
https://soundcloud.com/teganandsara/tegan-and-sara-now-im-all





No comments:

Post a Comment