Friday, January 25, 2013

Sometimes it is all about perspective

I have spend twenty years of my life in Oklahoma and twenty years wanting to live somewhere else. Why am I still here? Good question and the answer is probably simpler than I am about to make it sound. 
I had wings once before and I used those wings to pack up my hopes, dreams, cat, love and found a place to call home on the East Coast. I spent five years loving every day filled with green trees, winding roads, shorelines, snow flakes and even the rain drops. I was in love and like most loves when it is good you  never imagine the day you have to say goodbye. 
Saying goodbye to the place my heart called home was bittersweet. The reasons I had to leave where based on a shattered heart and broken wings. The person I was in those five years, the person that build that life no longer existed and I could no longer remember the person I was before. I could see no other choice but to come back to the place that housed my family so I could repair my wings and remember the girl that had big dreams! 
I have been back in the city now for three years. Since my return I have been exposed to a city that has been transforming not only the city blocks that surround the four walls I call home but the person living within them. 
When I leave this city again (and I will), I will leave once again full of hopes, dreams, ideas and full of life. But this time I won't leave thinking of all the things Oklahoma didn't have to offer me but instead I will remember how this changing city taught me to change with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment