Monday, November 12, 2012

Day Twelve: I am thankful for IT Support

Today was a challenging day in the world of technology. I like to think of myself as an intelligent person and that can do most things very well. I wouldn't say that I am a know it all although some might say otherwise. I lean more towards a competative spirit and drive for perfection.



Over the weekend I received new work at home equipment from my company. This morning I started my day off like any normal Monday. I logged into my old system, checked my e-mails, calendar and got to a point where I could log off for about 30 minutes to hook up the new equipment. Sadly to say I was way too optimistic for my level of IT skills. After about an hour of reading the instructions, plugging in wires, re-reading the instructions, looking at the pictures, changing the wires I finally gave in and called the local IT superhero!

So today I am thankful for a reality check and reminder that I am still not a know it all. I am also thankful to those who are a know it all when it comes to technology. Thank you for your patience and keeping me productive.

~from a state of pensiveness....




No comments:

Post a Comment