Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Two: I am thankful for Quality not Quantity

In this life of more is more I have found that when it comes to friends less is really more. I have been blessed with five people in my life that I consider a best friend.

My first friend was there for me before I even knew she was going to be my best friend. I can remember fighting with her and my mother reminding me that one day I would be thankful to have her not only as a sister but as a friend. I guess my mother turned out to be right because today I couldn't imagine my 30+ years without her by my side.

I am also lucky enough to call the man hugging her one of my best friends. Twelve years ago he hired me into the company I would for now and because he took that chance I not only have my career I have an unbelievable friend. On June 4th my he said I do to my sister and now I get to call him family.

A new and New England friendship to last a lifetime. We became friends at a time in my life when everything was falling apart. I had moved to a new state with my partner and when life burned to ashes I was able to find comfort in a new friend. We met each other as co-workers and seven years later and 2,000 miles apart I am proud to call her one of my best friends in this world.

An unexpected friendship. We were first friends through the relationship I had with my previous partner and somewhere through the years we became actual friends. We first connected over music lyrics but as the years pasted and I learned more about her as an individual was inspired by her character, personality, and intelligence. Although my relationship is no longer I do believe this friendship was the best gift I received.

Lastly, my partner, my friend! Over the last three years I have been lucky enough not only to find love again but to find a person I can count on and call a friend. We laugh together, cry together and we like most of the same TV shows. :) 

I have truly found quality of friendship in a few amazing people...  





No comments:

Post a Comment